miércoles, 16 de marzo de 2011

My YouTube Channel's story

I created my YouTube account on 08/08/2007, which is a loong  time ago, but I created it just to comment on videos I liked. I think I uploaded my first vid on 2008, it was a really lame Pegasus Fantasy cover (Saint Seiya anime opening), the quality was terrible, the sound was from the camera, no mixing/mastering or anything, just the computer cheap speakers and my guitar clashing on top of it, and all that captured by a shitty camera mic.
I did a few more videos on the same format, shitty quality, no editing, etc. Some of them were covers from anime and some from this finnish metal band Nightwish. All of that got deleted from my account. Why, you ask? because those videos suck and I was an idiot to upload them in the first place =)
Then I started my Anime covers, the first one was Scramble!, the opening for School Rumble season 1. I was very proud of that one. This time I recorded line-in the computer so it wasn't as bad quality, although it was still bad.
From there I started making more and more Anime covers, doing my own backing tracks, one of my most popular arrangements was Lilium, the opening for Elfen Lied, and I personally love that one because is so different from the original, but I think I managed to retain the feeling of the piece to some extent. I redid it later on, when I got my Toneport GX and PODFarm. Better quality and did some more Anime covers, finishing the "season" with Death Note's opening The WORLD, by band Nightmare, from Japan. That one is my most viewed video with 33k+ views or something.
But I wasn't satisfied with the sound so I quit doing videos again.
By the end of last year I managed to reach an acceptable level of quality, to my standards. So I recorded Final Fantasy X's Battle Theme, and i'm proud of that one =) later i paid back to my loyal subscribers with another Anime cover, from DBZ, We Gotta Power, and then i ventured in this project called VGR.

VGR stands for Video Games Rock!, as you can see in the intro. This is basically my own versions of videogame songs, which I upload once a week (usually on wednesday). My plan with this was to give it a name, just for reminding me I have this kind of "responsability" to continue the series. Obviously i can't keep up with uploading a vid per week forever, so I planned to make these VGR in seasons. I haven't decided when to call it a full Season, but it will be somewhere 10-15 videos.
VGR was, i think, what i tried to do from the beginning but never really realized how. I found these cool YouTubers called FamilyJules7X and CSGuitar89, and they do videogame covers like I do now. So I decided I should try to do the same, with the games I like. Turns out I'm more motivated to do videos than ever, and that shows by having uploaded 8 consecutive 1-per-week videos, which is a personal record, and there's more to come.
It all boils down to combining my passion for music, with my passion for videogames. I don't want to get tired of this, so when I end the VGR Season 1, I'm gonna upload some other kind of videos a bit less frequently, while planning ahead VGR Season 2. I don't really know where's this going but, in all honesty, I don't really care, i'm really enjoying it so I'll go as far as I can =)

Join us in this adventure!

-Ferdk

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario